Student on-line Vape & E-Cigarette Diversion / Educational Program
This program consists of a video and downloadable Test & Answer sheets. It is designed to be used as a diversion option or educational opportunity. The material is available to all who would like to use it.
Link to the video: https://youtu.be/DjzISY2Dgp0
Link to Test: Vaping Test
Link to Answer Sheet: Vaping Answer Sheet
The video is 18 minutes in length and has three sections:
- Law Enforcement representative explains the legal and basic school consequences of using & possession E-Cigarette products
- Dr Bogash & Dr Indermuhle describe current health challenges and finding as a result of using E-Cigarette products.
- A high school senior explains why they have not become involved with Vaping & E-cigarette products and why.
The “Test” Sheet:
The test sheet has 12 fill-in the blank or True / False questions which includes a 3-paragraph essay.
There are spaces for Student – Parent and school staff signatures to help with integrity and completion.
Here are a couple examples of how the material can be used:
- In school suspension: Provide the student with the link to the video & Test Sheet to be used while at school and supervised.
- Provide the student with the link & a Test Sheet to take home and complete.
Pediatrics April 2018, VOLUME 141 / ISSUE 4
Pediatrics January 2018, VOLUME 141 / ISSUE 1
Curr Allergy Asthma Rep. 2017 Oct 5;17(11):79
Eur Respir J. 2018 Feb 7;51(2)
Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2018 Feb 26
Special Thank you:
CCYSA would like to thank the following individuals for making this program available and their efforts and heart for empowering our Teens & Parent with tools to assist them with living healthy lives.
Ashley Hutchings – Chief Administrative Officer at “Awakening Recovery Center”
Commander Edward Upshaw – Chandler Police Department & Executive President for CCYSA
Dr. James Bogash – DC Chiropractic Physician “Life Care Chiropractic
Sandy Indermuhle – MD, Medical Director of the Emergency Department at Dignity Health Chandler Regional Medical Center
Jewell Shier – Senior at Mesquite High School